Hanging the engine by myself was an ordeal. I bought an engine hoist from Northern Tool and like 99% of the rest of this project, I just had to try this by myself. I don’t even know how to explain how I finally got it done, and I’m damn sure I don’t want to do this again by myself, but I got ‘er done.
Of course, the trick is lining up the bolts with the engine mount and since the Dynofocal mount holes are angled to converge at an imaginary point ahead of the mount, you have to position a 285 lb engine in one exact spot while it’s swinging from a chain. Oh the sweat and expletives that were applied to get it done! Fortunately no blood this time.
I sat down and drank two cold beers one right after the other after this. Both were deserved and highly enjoyed!