I completed fitting the aluminum wing fairings today. This is one of those tasks which isn’t that hard to accomplish, but requires more time than you thought. Lots of metal work and trimming to make it look right, I lost count of how many times I had these pieces on and off the plane, but I am pleased with how they turned out.
One little challenge is how to trim the inboard edges of the fairings for later installation of the rubber seal between the fuselage and fairing. I discovered that if I laid the side of my Sharpie on the fuselage and simply drew a line down the fairing, the inside edge of the line was exactly 1/4″ from the edge of the fairing. Made it easy to trim on that line, polish on the ScotchBrite wheel and you’re done. Of course, I discovered this only after wasting a ton of time with incremental efforts.